Wednesday, October 17, 2012

October Reflection

I apologize again for not making time for reflection today.  I need to get that worked out.  It is so important that you get a chance to reflect on how our discussion went and what Heavenly Father would like you to get out of class that day - something to apply so that all of this learning in class is for something.

Here are a few of questions that I invite you to pick from and write in your reflection books about today (since we didn't get to it in class):

-What can I do to fill my mind with uplifting things more often? (You may consider the music you own, the books you read, how you spend your time, what you watch, etc).

-What "ity" virtue can I work on tomorrow?  How will I do it?

-What song will I memorize and sing to myself when bad thoughts come to my mind?

-How can I remember to live more in the moment? How can I be sure to have the Spirit with me at the present moments of my day?

I have more, but I'm sure you could think of some of your own or just write whatever it is that you got out of class today.  The Spirit may have something different that he was telling you as we discussed things, so just write what you feel inspired to do because of class today.  If you have more questions for others to consider, please post them on a comment below - or if you have any ah-has or other thoughts you wouldn't mind sharing from your reflection.


1 comment:

  1. A song that always comes to my mind is the primary song "If the Savior Stood Beside Me" the song says: "If the Savior stood beside me, would I do the things I do?" It always helps me remember that Christ is there watching us, reading our thoughts and helping us along! So if your looking for an idea for a song, its a good one!

    ReplyDelete